Reboot is almost here! Will be live around lunch time Wednesday 2nd July New Zealand time.
1st universe was the one with home valleys, lobby realms and lots of oceans and mountains that looked the same. 2nd universe was the one with no home valleys, and you just started out in the PVP world somewhere random. This new reboot is the 3rd universe. It’s a mixture of the above two, but bigger, and with Alliances.
The reboots version number is 1.0.8 (0084).
If you play on Android, I recommend going into Google Play and updating Ironfell. You might also need to update Adobe Air. There are lots of bug fixes and performance improvements, so you should definitely do this. And you can do it now, to get ready before the reboot goes live.
So what’s new?
There is a new universe, with about 7000 custom realms to make up the map of earth. And you can now form Alliances, members of an Alliance can’t attack each other, so you can jointly defend or attack.
- Sign in using your previous email/password to get your previous username. You also get the same colour as you had before.
- Anyone who has spent money on resources in the last 6 months can sign in using their previous details and they will get bonus resources equal to the amount they previously purchased.
- There are just over 7,000 realms that make up the map of earth.
- At a random time every day, another earth realm is opened up and connect to the currently open realms by whirlpools and tunnels.
- Safe Home Valleys are back.
- The Whirlpool in your Safe Home Valley connects to an open realm and once every 24 hours it random connects to a different location in a different open realm.
- If you do not play for 28 days your account, units and realms are deleted. You will receive an email warning around 21 days. To stop this happening, simply sign into your account once every 28 days.
- When you reset your account, your home realm is deleted, and a new empty home realm is created for you.
- Flowers now randomly spawn in realms and they can be destroyed.
- There is much more shallow water in the new earth realms.
- There is much more swamp terrain in the prehistoric earth realms.
- Flagships are no longer restricted to lakes. If you build near water, you may be attacked by a Flagship. There are more flagships, but not all are activated yet. They are placed at random in the earth realms.
- Beginners guide and FAQ on the website have been updated.
- Most units have had their attack or health tweaked so that offense is slightly cheaper than it used to be. See the tech-tree for current statistics for each unit.
- Fish are now found in prehistoric realms.
- The background colour has been changed to green.
- Realm names can now be changed, email David if you think a realm’s name could be better.
- There is a new grid size, even smaller than the current smallest size.
- Blue and brown Pterodactyl’s are not in the reboot.
- Whirlpool artwork has been updated so that it looks correct on shallow and deep water.
- Members of an Alliance can not attack each other.
- Alliances give people a great advantage in situations like a real-time Carrack battle with 2 or more players micro managing their Carracks versus a single user.
- There is a new Alliances panel, top left, 4th red arrow.
- In there you can create a new Alliance which requires a name, motto and crest.
- Invite people to be your Allies in a similar way to creating trades. Click a knight/prince/queen etc and select Alliance Invite, then select an adjacent unit belonging to the player you would like to send an invite to. They then need to accept your invite in the Alliance panel.
- You can leave an Alliance at any time using the Alliance panel.
- There is no way to kick someone out of your Alliance, so choose your allies carefully! (this feature will be added in the future).
- If an Alliance has no members, it stops existing.
- Alliance Crests appear next to players names in the chat and other interface panels.
- There is a new Chat panel, for chatting to the other members of your Alliance. It’s the third red arrow up from the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Baby Mauisaurus always appear next to water now.
- If you save a bookmark outside the map bounds, it now restricts the bookmark to the edge of the map instead of allowing negative x,y co-ordinates in bookmarks.
- Towers now auto-attack units at random (instead of always attacking to the left).
- All new database connection layer in pure python , x10 faster than the previous version which used ctypes.
- Name and colour changes are now instant, no need to relog.
- Lots of small fixes to things that were causing lag.