New Safe Home Valleys

26th June 2014 1:10pm

In the reboot, when you register or sign in for the first time, you get a Safe Home Valley  to start in.   This is the same as the old universe.   The Safe Home Valley is a private realm that nobody else can get into, you are safe there! :)

You get a Small Iron Mine, some trees and a few signs to help you get started.

The Whirlpool is a one way Whirlpool.  It takes you to a random place in a random realm.  Every 24 hours the destination of the Whirlpool changes, so if you don’t like where it goes, wait a day and it’ll go somewhere new.  This means your enemies can’t camp the Whirlpool destination and trap you in your home realm.

If you reset your account, your home valley gets deleted, a new home valley is created, and you are placed in that new home valley.  This is great for new users who make a mess of their home valley and want to clear it and start again.

Deleting a realm is a new feature, and I wasn’t able to do that in the old universes.  When a realm is deleted, all gates going to it are deleted, all units removed, all bookmarks to that realm are removed, etc.  If a user is in a realm when its deleted, they get sent to their Safe Home Valley.

Another new feature… in the settings there is a new hexagon grid size.  One smaller than the smallest size. The screenshot above is 100% at that new grid size. :)

6 days to reboot!
David.

Comments

• rylandrc says:

I am looking forward to this reboot being a hit!

After being involved in Ironfell for so long, there is one thing I am certain of: DavidC loves his work with Ironfell, and when someone loves their work, there is nothing that will stop it from becoming successful.

See you all in the new Universe! ;)

-Rylandrc

• AT LAST, THE DAY OF RECKONING

• uncle bam says:

saaafe valleys, werent there anymore when i started in 2nd uni. i hope it will fix the problem of so many post-rush new players who couldnt start because they had no chance no room no mine thus no motivation. ive seen some fine players quit after trying , and i hope they give it a second chance with the reboot. – and deleting realms? whats that, players or dev power? and what reason?

• Grimroth says:

I like the new zoom size :)

• Falazar says:

Glad to see all the updates, and not just new maps… with this I think the newbies will have some better chances to play the game, yeah!
    Also will post and do some free advertising for the game, and we have a guy who wants to interview you and do a segment on his gaming vidcast.
    Fala

• No says:

No Falazar. No Falazar anywhere at any time. Please leave. You’re a cheater.

• No says:

No Falazar. No Falazar anywhere at any time. Please leave. You’re a cheater.

• KayentaMoenkopi says:

I am very excited about this reboot and look forward to getting back into this community as well as the game. I especially like the feature on the safe homes where whirlpool destinations change.

• DaButler says:

:P bah I still bet the home realms will be nerfed in no time :P once players start seeing what I have planned for mine >:D

• DaButler says:

Totally not Home Realm Related but can Flagships go back to spawning by caravel? not wild style?

• Scorcher says:

You should finally make a realm designer so players can possibly make their own custom home realm :)

• Emanon says:

You should make it so that when someone resets their account, the mine in their home realm resets as well.

• Gawadroit says:

I was just wondering about this, glad I jumped on twitter. The safe realms seem to be workable. The only thing I can imagine being exploited is…? I don’t know butt has got me there. Keeps/castles making the safe realm effectively much much larger? I guess I will just have to see. Perhaps because you could possibly create not only the keeps/castles but also prehistoric gates to all of them. Depending on the resources you put into it you could have the problem we did in the last UNI with a bunch of new realms. Seeing as both of those realms with almost 100,000 if not more(unsure of the amount of realms in the old old uni?) I don’t think that should be a problem but then, I don’t know how GM has it set up.

• Gawadroit says:

will all of the home realms be laid out the same way? I think that would keep you from having to answer mails about defunct home realms, if that would be a problem.

• falazar says:

Hmmm, yeah, home realms should really be of limited use, a small safe place, not a storage for castles and keeps, otherwise it becomes like the former uni of all safe realms, that was really boring.
    It is just meant (sounds like) to be a small safe area to not be completely wiped out, and make sure the newbies have a top-notch tutorial system again, so they will want to remain in the game for a long time.
    Fala

• Madamelady says:

I can’t tell you how pleased i am that i can finally rewrite my own beginners guide without taking a super duper amount of time on it, cuz the main discrepancy was this part.

• Crow Dellamorte says:

I do have to say this, just because the thought did come to mind. If someone does build a prehistoric gate, either inside a castle/keep that is built inside the safe valley, or in the safe valley itself, you could technically invade a persons safe realm right?

• falazar says:

Crow, I dont believe he is bringing back all Safe Realms, just the Home Realms, they are very specific, and did not allow anyone to enter them, so anything you build there would be untouchable…. so if you added 5 castles, and time machined them all, then you have infinite space to make rexes or farm, and not fight, then pull huge army out…. not so good.

• Emanon says:

One could still tunnel in of course, but obviously a well set up defense could/will deter all but the most determined and wealthy foes. So yes, the prehistoric castles linked to present day castles in home realm would be very Trojan in that they wouldn’t be impregnable, but nearly so.