6th June 2012 12:27pm
Below I’m going to break down what I’m doing to find new people.
If you can think of anything else, please let me know!
And if you like playing, please tell your friends.
- Blog, for longer posts.
- Twitter, for server status, and small updates.
- Forum, have a subreddit for talking about the game…
- Banner Ads, trialing a banner on another site I made…
- Tracking everything with Google Analytics.
- Referral links, change NAME to anything, and it gets recorded against every player who registers using this link… http://test.ironfell.com/from/NAME
- Talked about the game in a few forums, weewar, minecraftnz.co.nz and TIG Source.
- Added Ironfell to this directory. If you search for “alternative to weewar” that page comes up near the top.
- Have emailed and Facebook’d everyone I know.
- Have SEO’d the Ironfell site.
- Stumbleupon, added every new page, and tried a small paid discovery campaign, which worked out at $1.80 usd for each registered user gained.
- I know I should be writing press releases (yawn) and start an email newsletter (spammy yuck).
Does anyone have any other ideas how to promote Ironfell?